Awarding Body: CACHE (Council for Awards in Children’s Care and Education)
Qualifications on Offer:
- Level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practictioner
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
This programme will develop your understanding of the key stages of a child’s physical, social, emotional, language and intellectual development. You will gain the skills and knowledge needed to provide quality childcare, by keeping up-to-date with current and new practices.
You will gain practical skills and qualifications that will support you in your childcare role both now and in the future. With a mixture of on and off the job training, you will learn the skills needed to help you make a difference to the children you are working with.
What work tasks would a Level 2 Childcare Apprentice complete?
- Contribute to the observation, assessment and planning processes of the setting
- Support children who are experiencing transitions
- Contribute to and implement Health and Safety within the workplace
- Develop a positive, inclusive environment that meets children’s individual needs
- Work effectively and in partnership with colleagues, parents and other agencies
- Reflect on practice within own role
- Support children to learn and develop within their early years, through purposeful play and stimulation
- Safeguard children
- Develop, maintain and support relationships between children and others
- Support positive behaviour and respond to inappropriate behaviour
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants must be aged 16 or over and should have:
- Good communication skills
- A sense of responsibility
- A warm, caring, patient nature
- The ability to use initiative and think on their feet
- Ambition and drive
- Passion for the role
- A sense of humour
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Creative ideas
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
- The ability to work in a team
- Maths, English and ICT at Grade 2 or achieving an C grade, or a commitment to achieve these qualifications during the apprenticeship.
How long is the course?
A Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare takes approximately 12-18 months to complete (depending on the individual).
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please contact us on 01403 786620 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk you through the options available.
How is the course assessed?
The Diploma will be evaluated through:
- A series of practical assessments and
- A portfolio of work
- Attendance at Workshops in our training centres
Functional Skills are assessed through:
- A portfolio of work and
- Tests where appropriate.
Most students complete the programme in 12-18 months.
Who is this course for?
This apprenticeship is ideal for those with an interest in childcare and who wish to gain a Level 2 qualification. It enables you to earn whilst you learn and provides learning opportunities away from a more traditional classroom environment.
Progression and Career Opportunities: Advanced Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship.