Level 3 Diploma in Childcare: Early Years Educator
Awarding Body: CACHE (Council for Awards in Children’s Care and Education)
The broad purpose of the occupation is to work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes within the ethos of the setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required
An Early Years Educator will:
- Plan and supervise child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- Supports children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
Individuals will undergo all the checks as per the EYFS requirements to ensure suitability to work with children.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over and should have:
- Good communication skills
- A sense of responsibility
- A warm, caring, patient nature
- The ability to use initiative and think on their feet
- Ambition and drive
- Passion for the role
- A sense of humour
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Creative ideas
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
- The ability to work in a team
- Maths and English Literature or Language at Grade 3/C or prepared to undertake Functional skills to achieve the grade required.
How long is the course?
18 months plus 3 months End Point Assessment
How will I be assessed?
- A series of practical assessments
- A portfolio of evidence over the 18-month duration of the course
At End Point Assessment you will need to complete:
- Knowledge Test
- Professional discussion
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in working at an unsupervised level in the childcare workforce and wish to gain a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or wish to progress to Higher Education.
What are my progression and career opportunities?
- University to study a BA Honours in Childhood Studies
- Room Leader
- Deputy Manager
Link for further information: